Applied Research and Technological Development
The primary targets of company’s strategy
The Centre of Research and Development (CRS) is the lab of applied industrial research of Bel Chimica.
CRS creates chemicals and innovative technical applications for the protection, restoration and conservation of absorbent building materials, such as cotto and terracotta tiles, bricks, clinker, stone, marble, granite, plasters, concrete, ceramic tiles, wood, and all the new and antique surfaces used for civil and monumental constructions.
CRS-GEAL is a scientific-technological department set up with labs equipped with specialistic devices instruments, demonstration and experimental areas with indoor and outdoor test surfaces. The graduated professionals working for CRS have a long experience gained on the worksites and in the labs. They elaborate, develop and control all applicative processes and formulations distributed by BEL CHIMICA.
All the analyses are performed following or elaborating standard procedure after our technical and practical experience. All protocols are standardized and duplicable. Analytical reports have scientific values: CRS can activate collaborations with qualified authorities and labs for any required certification.
- FLOOR SLIP RESISTANCE TEST WITH PENDULUM DIGITAL TESTER
- FREEZE RESISTANCE TEST WITH CLIMATE CHAMBER
- STAIN RESISTANCE TEST OF MATERIALS (official protocol)
- GLOSS MEASUREMENT
- CLEANING TESTS OF MATERIALS AND SURFACES
- RESISTANCE TO CAPILLARY RISING DAMP OF WATER AND SALINE SOLUTIONS
- THERMAL, SUNLIGHT, UV-LIGHT RESISTANCE OF COMPOUNDS AND FORMULATIONS
- RESISTANCE TO CHEMICAL AGENTS OF SURFACES
- RCOLOUR DETERMINATION WITH SPECTRUM ANALYSER
- TRANSMISSION OF WATER VAPOUR THROUGH STONE MATERIALS AND WOOD
- WATER ABSORPTION BY CAPILLARITY
- BULK POROSITY
- SUPERFICIAL HARDNESS AFTER MOHS SCALE
- FAST MEASURE OF RELATIVE MOISTURE WITH THERMOBALANCE
- TOP RAY PAGE
- VISCOSITY WITH FORD CUP
- GASCHROMATOGRAPHY OF SOLVENTS – ESSENTIAL OILS – ETC.
- pH DETERMINATION
- ANALYSES OF WATER: COD – ELECTRICAL CONDUCIVITY – SUSPENDED SOLIDS
- ANIONS: SULPHATES, CHLORIDES, FLUORIDES, NITRATES, NITRITES, PHOSPHATES
- SOLID SEDIMENTATION RATE
MINERALOGICAL AND PETROGRAPHICAL ANALYSES
- MICROSCOPE OBSERVATION OF PETROGRAPHIC THIN SECTION
- X-RAY DIFFRACTOMETRY
- MORPHOLOGICAL ANALYSES AT THE SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope)
- DETERMINATION OF TOTAL POROSITY WITH MERCURY POROSIMETER
- DETERMINATION OF DENSITY AND SPECIFIC WEIGHT
- CLEANING ACTION VERIFIED BY THE REDUCTION OF BACTERIAL LOAD (STANDARD KIT TESTING)
- PRESERVING ACTION VERIFIED THROUGH THE GROWTH OF BIOCOLONIES (MOULD, MOSS, ALGAE, FUNGI, ETC.)
- BOD DETERMINATION
CONSULTANCY AND PROTOCOLS
- EXPERIMENTAL PROTOCOLS AND TESTING FOR PROTECTION AND CONSERVATION PROCESS OF TRADITIONAL AND NEW MATERIALS
- TECHNICAL AND LEGAL SURVEYS
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR RESTORATION AND CONSERVATION